Doing Research at the CFMRI – 7T Scanner
1. Contact Bob Bussell
Please contact Bob Bussell (email@example.com) if you have questions about getting started or to discuss the feasibility of your proposed study.
If you do not have accesss to the CFMRI CALPENDO system, please refer to the online User Guide and request an ID.
Note: the scanner operators need to be identified for each project (see Step 4 below for procedures to become a certified operator).
3. Safety Training
- Fill out the online registration form before safety lecture (https://cfmriweb.ucsd.edu/cfmri-training).
- Attend safety training lecture. Note: Bring a printed copy of the safety manual (PDF) and supplementary guidelines to the lecture (PDF).
- Pass the online safety test (https://cfmriweb.ucsd.edu/etraining).
Everyone is encouraged to attend the safety lecture even if official training is not required.
4. Operator Training
- Complete Step 3 above.
- The project PI must send a request for the operator to be trained
- Complete operator hands-on training.
- Submit this form to request approval to be added as a Certified Operator to the PIs project in Calpendo https://cfmriweb.ucsd.edu/cfmriaccess/
5. CFMRI Building Access and Scanner Access
The CFMRI Building main entrance is normally open 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Mon-Fri).
- Complete this form https://cfmriweb.ucsd.edu/cfmriaccess/ to request access to the
- CFMRI Building After hours
- 7T Scanner
- Only CFMRI Safety Trained personnel are eligible to request access. Level of access granted is based on current training status.
- Request must be approved by both the PI and CFMRI before access is granted. When access is approved, the researcher will receive email instructions on how to apply for and activate a proximity card for accessing the CFMRI building and Scanners. For non-UCSD researchers a $35 refundable deposit is required for the card.
Only those who have been officially safety-trained may enter the magnet rooms.
6. Join our User Group
Sign up at http://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/7tusers-l
7. Scan Session Schedule. Schedule scan session
8. Read the How To page for more information. How to Page